Friday, March 14, 2008

What I got for my 5 dollars

One of the reasons that I don't usually come in the office on Friday's is that we have to pay $5 to wear jeans - a donation to one of the non-profits the company I work for supports. I like wearing jeans as much as the next guy, but $5 seems a bit steep.

Of course, at 10:40 am today, I "had to" walk over to Starbucks to buy my once a week latte. The tall soy latte is $3 and some change - I leave the change in the tip jar. That, plus the dollar I gave to the very pleasant homeless guy this morning and I figure I'm breaking even.

On a side note - holy crap, it's gorgeous here today. I love these Spring days in Austin, but it makes me nervous when they happen during SXSW since I'm afraid people won't go home. Seriously, LA-sters, don't move here. (Unless your name rhymes with Maura Briswell - then it's ok).

No comments: