Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, Lou Gruffino

John and I have never really celebrated V-Day - it seems silly now that we're married, and we're pretty good about going on dates and buying each other little gifts whenever we see something the other would like. Our first official date was actually on Valentine's Day kindof by accident many moons ago - it was quite lovely, but I digress.

In the 3rd grade, a boy I was "dating" whom we shall call Lou Gruffino gave me what I think will always be my very favorite V-Day gift - an irradescent blue plastic heart shaped bracelet, and some variation of the "Roses are Red" poem, written on notebook paper in marker. He had terrible handwriting, so another girl from class (I think her name was Andrea) wrote out the poem. It was terribly sweet and completely unexpected and I think that his face during the moment he handed me the awkward little package (bracelet "wrapped" inside the notebook paper poem, I believe) will always hold a place in my heart.

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

i just laughed out loud