Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lowered expectations

I do the New York Times crossword puzzle whenever I can get my hands on a copy. For those of you who don't know, it gets increasingly harder as the week goes on - I can generally finish through Tuesday, by Saturday I'm totally screwed.

So, I was thrilled when I finished today's puzzle (a Thursday!) in all of about 15 minutes. Then I read the small print next to the puzzle - "all the daily puzzles this week have been contributed by puzzlemakers under the age of 20. Today's crossword is by Lucas Gaviotis Whitestone, 18 of New York City. He is a first year student at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. This is his first puzzle for The Times."

Doh.

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Hmmmm, I didn't try today's. But I couldn't get Monday's and it was by an 18 yr old.....I can usually to thru Tues as well....a few words on Weds, and I don't usually look again ;)