Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Swimming and other summer obsessions

It occurs to me that I've gone quite a long time without a post and apparently this has made at least one of my readers nervous. Yes, Christina, I am alive and well, thanks for asking!

Nothing much exciting has been happening (other than a trip to Pennsylvania to visit my Mom - numerous posts about our trip can be found
here), I've just been taking it a bit easy.

In no particular order, here's what I've been doing with my free time:
1. Swimming! We're at Bartholomew or Mueller pool 3 or 4 days a week, mostly just chatting and bobbing around. I have a tan, working on my Freestyle, and plan on re-learning to dive later this summer.
2. Reading! Finishing books at a mad pace, mostly to distract myself from the insane level of anticipation about Breaking Dawn. You can check out everything I've read and what I thought about it on my Facebook profile. As promised, I'm reading some grown up books these days, but still with a fair amount of YA mixed in.
3. Watching Le Tour! Yes, there continue to be some serious doping issues with the race, but it's still awesome for several reasons. The Garmin-Chipotle and Columbia teams are keeping it clean and doing amazingly well - go U.S.A.! Several of my favorites are alumni of Lance's teams, and it's really great to watch them doing so well for themselves, after spending so many years supporting him.
4. Running! I'm back to consistent 4-6 mile runs in preparation for Disney World in January and I'm really loving it so far. Mostly running on the treadmill at the gym, but the new trail at Mueller is quite a nice run as well if I can get out before it gets too hot.

No comments: