Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Are you there Internet? It's me Becky

I've been thinking about my intentions with this little side project, wondering why one day I woke up and that was the big day where I decided to make this foray into the 2.0 landscape. I don't want to get famous, I'm lucky enough to live close to most of my good friends so I don't really need to keep anyone updated on my daily activities, and I'm not at all convinced I have much interesting to say.

I imagine if someone ever posted a comment, it might be something like "you suck," or "you're boring." Those things are likely true. I am boring (my friends don't call me "Breakfast Becky" for nothing), I've had at best 5 truly original ideas in my entire life, sometimes I'm pretentious and I usually have a stick up my ass.

And yet.

I've generally kept journals my entire life, and have sometimes thought I'd like to be a writer. I like that with this format I can still pretend that no one is reading, but maybe secretly hope that one day I'll be blogging away and suddenly have amassed a cult following and people will buy my script for a kick ass little indie film. And I do happen to be in a very cool town, where I've finagled myself into some super fun events and assorted projects. So let's keep at it, dear readers, and see where this goes.

No comments: