Saturday, January 12, 2008

To Boston and Back

Quick trip to Boston Thursday & Friday for meetings with my team. We mostly meet virtually (since we have 1 in Chicago, 2 in Austin, 1 in DC and 3 in Boston) but try to get some face time every quarter or so. I love everyone I work with, and of course had a great time. The highlight was dinner at Sorrelina - I had an incredible butternut squash ravioli in a fig and brown butter sauce, and sampled some of the out of this world truffled garlic fries. After dinner, we headed over to Bar 10 (conviently located in the hotel where I'd later pour myself into bed). Good times.

On the plane ride home I read most of a really fabulous book called Hunting and Gathering. I've been really loving a lot of books lately (thank you, Scott Westerfeld and Rick Riordan), but I was completely swept up the story of 4 misfits living in Paris. The maudlin singer songwriter mix on my IPod (Sufjan Stevens, Feist, Ben Lee, Elliot Smith and Matt the Electrician) was the perfect accompaniment.

As a side note, I'm slowly telling friends and loved ones that I'm blogging (Hi, Laura!) and John threw a bit of a fit this morning about it because he wants me to keep posting on his blog. That was actually always my intention - this seems like a good spot for more personal stuff, assorted other postings will be at the Backporch. Sometimes I'll duplicate, but will try to keep to a minimum.

No comments: